Guest blogging is one of the best ways to build traffic to your site and gain faithful new followers. So how do you accomplish this great feat? It’s not all that hard to do.
Identify a blog that is similar to yours and already has a big following. Next, read that person’s blog. Look at their style to see what attracts followers. Then look at the “About Me” page or site index, if there is one, and confirm that they use guest bloggers. Finally, contact the site administrator or blog owner and offer to guest blog for them.
If they agree, write a post in keeping with the tone and theme of the blog.
Here are ideas to get you started on that guest post:
- Explain something obscure.
- Think of a controversy (possibly something related to your blog theme) and take a position.
- Consider what expert advice you can offer based on your level of experience.
- Examine your own pet peeves and discuss one that will bring tons of comments from those who are usually just lurkers.
- Make a compilation of tips, tricks, or best practices on a task those in your area of interest need to focus on.
Make sure you are allowed to include a bio at the end of your article post. In the bio, include a compelling reason to check out your site and either type in your URL or hyperlink it to your blog name. If images are allowed, include a head shot of you and one other relevant image. Submit. Then, you know the saying: shampoo, rinse, and repeat!
Get started on blogging today by taking our FREE Blogging Pre-Course. If you feel you have a basic understanding of blogging, but are ready to tackle the more meaty ins and outs of blogging, then our Blogging 101 course is perfect for you. Get started today!